Gran Canaria Bus service "Guaguas Global" & "Guaguas Municipales"
Airport Transfers, Bus Routes & Timetables, City Buses
Las Palmas City Bus service
First of all: Dont ask in Las Palmas or Gran Canaria for the next Bus or Autobus. In the local vocabulary the bus is called Guagua. The two Gran Canaria Buses lines are the so called Guaguas Municipales (the yellow city bus Las Palmas) and Guaguas Global Bus, the interurban line (blue buses) which are providing also the Las Palmas Airport Bus transfers and Maspalomas to Airport transfers by bus. The Global Buses maintain also all interurban connections in Gran Canaria. Especially the Las Palmas transfers from airport Gran Canaria are very recommondable because they are cheap, reliable and operate frequently (each half hour).
The only problem is: if your destination is far from any bus station or you are arriving in Las Palmas or leaving Gran Canaria after midnight, when no bus transport to Gran Canaria Airport Gando is available (Between 24:00 and 5:00 in the morning). In that case you have to take particular taxi transfer to airport gran canaria.
Going by Bus in Gran Canaria City, Las Palmas Bus Connections
Yellow Guaguas Municipales providing Las Palmas inner city bus routes
Bus Lines & Bus Central Stations Las Palmas City Gran Canaria
The two most important Bus Terminals in Las Palmas are Estacion San Telmo (near Veguata) and secondary Terminal Santa Catalina. San Telmo bus station is the most important where all routes and bus lines are crossing and where you can directly change from interurban gran canaria buses (blue Global bus) to inner city buses (yellow Guaguas Municipales).
Guaguas Municipales S.A. (Las Palmas City bus, yellow painted): 42 bus routes are operating to organize public transport in Las Palmas. Line Number 1, which operates between Las Palmas Port and Theater Perez Galdos in Vegueta old town has 24 hourly service. Standard fee for one adult single ticket is about 1,10 Euro. Children and babys under 4 years will travel free. But there are some more possibilities to travel cheaper by bus:
Las Palmas City Bus discounts:
- 10 drives-ticket ("bono guagua de diez viajes") Costs: 5,10 Euro. Available in Bus stations, public stores, Kiosks, Banks ...
- Student-Ticket – Cost: 20,45 Euro. Available from October to Juny and valid for 80 bus rides: Valid student ID obligatory. Best buy for all Erasmus Students staying in Las Palmas sein!
- Monthly ticket: Costs: 31 Euro. unlimited use of Guaguas Municipales! Only available in official Kiosk of Guaguas Municipales S.A.
- More Infos (wheret to buy tickets, Bus-routes, actual prices) on homepage of Guaguas Municipales S.A.
Interurban Bus routes and Airport transfers Gran Canaria
traveling the island with Las Palmas Global Bus routes
The Guaguas Global Bus lines are offering 120 Gran Canaria Bus Routes from Las Palmas to Airport or from Mogan, Puerto Rico or Maspalomas to Las Palmas, from north to south and east to west of grand canary island. Most asked and frequented bus route is Global 60 which leads from Las Palmas to Gran Canaria Airport Gando. Further Global 66 which maintains the Maspalomas to Airport transfer.
Las Palmas 24 is offering the most important Las Palmas bus timetables and Gran Canaria Bus routes of all important interurban connections in the right column.
Las Palmas Bus Transfers Guaguas Global Timetable Gran Canaria
selected Gran Canaria Bus Routes & Maps to download
City Sightseeing Bus Las Palmas
Hop off – Hop Off Tour Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
The City sightseeing bus in Las Palmas is a very attractive way to see the most important monuments, attractions and Quarters of Las Palmas City. The red double-decker buses offer panoramic 360° views on their roundtrip through Las Palmas and sell only "hop on – hop off" sightseeing-tickets, that are valid for the whole day.
The sightseeing bus operates with a frequency of each half hour beginning at 09:30 until 17:30 in the afternoon. Within this daily time-frame you can use the city bus whenever you want and enter or leav wherever you want on the 10 Bus Stops on this attravtive Bus route:
Pick ups and Bus Stop in in chronological order starting at:
- San Telmo Bus Station (Estacion de San Telmo)
- Muelle Santa Catalina at Las Palmas Port (between harbour and Canteras Beach, here is the best pick-up for guests ariving with cruisers)
- Elder Museum (front of AC Hotel Tower, near Catalina Park)
- Canteras Beach (northern Part, front of Mercado del Puerto)
- Parque Santa Catalina (hart of the Canteras /Port quarter)
- Corte Ingles (Mesa y Lopez shopping mile)
- Paseo de la Cornisa (with nice views offer the city)
- Pueblo Canario and Parque Doramas (open air museum and shows)
- Vegueta / Catedral Santa Ana (Las Palmas Old Town and Cairasco place)
- Teatro Perez Galdos (Front of Old Town market Mercado de Vegueta and Theatre)
The sightseeig bus timetable: Leaving San Telmo beginning at 9:30 until 17:30 each half hour.